We make fitness at work so much fun, you’ll forget you’re doing either.
Kenko, meaning “health” in Japanese, is a workplace wellness team-based challenge with the objective of implementing a fun and engaging approach to creating healthy changes in behaviors and the workplace. Kenko combines mobile, online, print, social media, and video into a fun, energizing work-wellness package you and your company will love.Watch the video to learn more »
Kenko Challenge is the complete package!Everything you need to set up your workplace is included.
- PDF Packets full of information, posters, guidelines, activities & more
- Social Media intigration so your employees can share their results
- Tons of fun, energizing games and activities
- Smart Phone integration for online updates and games
Keep track of you and your fellow team-members’ progress and egg each other on. Each participant has an on-going score based on points earned in various challenges and games.Learn More
Using your Smarthphone’s QR scanner, mobile challenges get participants to interact with their environment on a deeper level. QR experiences will be used through out the Challenge to help you with your wellness journey.Learn More
Motivate your team with someoff-beat, comical health posters. These posters will help inspire you and your team as you work through the wellness Challenges and vie for the top spot on the leadership board.Learn More
Try not to get caught by the food police or you may be in store for a citizen's arrest! With this game team members can take a picture of other participants indulging in junk food using their mobile phone, then upload it with a short description.Learn More
What I Ate
Show off your healthy eating habits while giving other team members ideas for healthy meals as well. With this game team members can take a picture of healthy food they are eating and upload it with a short description.Learn More
Happy trails to you and your teammates. With this game walking trails have been identified and assigned a difficulty level of 1 to 5 stars in your area. You'll also have the option of uploading a photo chronicling your finish.Learn More
Kenko has the perfect combination of nutritional, physical, and company challenges that helps our office be a fun and healthy place to work.- Laura Garrett
Kenko Challenge Participant
Great idea for awareness and very much right mount of time/effort to put into this… didn’t distract employees from work. Nice!- Employer
What is the Kenko Challenge?
KENKO, meaning “health” in Japanese, is a workplace wellness team-based challenge with the objective of implementing a fun and engaging approach to creating healthy changes in behaviors and the workplace. Co-workers compete in challenges and games and share their successes through social media.
What kind of challenges will I participate in?
Challenges are based on four main areas. These areas are Improving Nutrition, Increasing Physical Activity, Creating a Healthy Work Environment, and Increasing Personal Health Awareness. Challenges will vary across these four areas. Some examples of possible challenges may include: healthy eating habits, drinking more water, increasing your physical activity, implementing lasting changes in the work environment, and being aware of your personal health.
How many members can a team have?
Each team should have between two to seven individuals on a team. Have more than seven people that want to participate? Not a problem. While each team may only have a maximum of seven people a company may have more than one team participate in the Kenko Challenge.
How do I receive points?
Points are based on the challenges you complete. Each challenge is assigned a specific point value. Points for challenges may vary depending on how many times a week you complete the assigned challenge (example: number of days you consumed the recommended fruits and vegetables) or on a yes/no basis (example: did you complete the online tutorial).
So are you ready for the Kenko Challenge?
Get your company started on the road to feeling better today!
A fun and healthy work environment = happy employees = more productivity = everyone wins!
Sign Up Your Team
Terms and Conditions
1. Your Acceptance
2. Not Medical Advice
Use of KenkoChallenge.com does not create a doctor-patient relationship nor does KenkoChallenge.com offer medical advice. Any content accessed or services provided through KenkoChallenge.com is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions, or adverse effects. Content and services should not be used during a medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
Please consult your doctor or other qualified health care provider before starting any recommended activity, changing any medication, changing your diet, or changing any course of treatment or if you have questions about a medical condition.
Never disregard professional medical advice of delay seeking it because of something you have read on KenkoChallenge.com. If you think you have a medical emergency, call 911 or your doctor immediately.
Do not rely on electronic communications or this website for assistance in regard to your immediate, urgent medical needs. This website, content and tools contained within is not designed to facilitate medical emergencies, or replace the advice and treatment by a doctor or other healthcare professional. KenkoChallenge.com is an online information and communication service that provides for educational purposes only.
KenkoChallenge.com is for information only. The contents of KenkoChallenge.com, such as graphics, images, text, quoted information and all other materials ("Content") are provided for reference only, do not claim to be complete or exhaustive or to be applicable to any particular individual's medical condition. Users should always consult with a qualified and licensed physician or other medical care provider. Users are warned to follow the advice of their physicians without delay regardless of anything read on KenkoChallenge.com. KenkoChallenge.com assumes no duty to correct or update the Content nor to resolve or clarify any inconsistent information which may be a part of the Content. Reliance on any Content is solely at the User's risk. KenkoChallenge.com may contain health or medically related materials considered sexually explicit. Users are warned that if they may be offended by such Content, an alternate source of information should be found. Publication of information or reference on KenkoChallenge.com to specific sources such as specific products, procedures, physicians, treatments, or diagnoses are for information only and are not endorsements of KenkoChallenge.com. KenkoChallenge.com has used reliable sources in an effort to provide broad consumer understanding and knowledge of health-related topics, but do not depend on the information presented on this website, as each individual case is different.
3. Website Access
In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create an account. You are not allowed to use another user’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. In addition, you agree to immediately notify KenkoChallenge.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. KenkoChallenge.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 3.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or similar technological devices or programs, that access the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the KenkoChallenge.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KenkoChallenge.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases, in its sole discretion.
You agree not to collect or use any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") including without limitation account names, email addresses, or other User Submissions (as defined below), from the Website, nor use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes, including without limitation to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website.
4. The KenkoChallenge.com Website
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, graphics, and photos created by and for KenkoChallenge.com, interactive features ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to KenkoChallenge.com, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of KenkoChallenge.com or as expressly provided herein. KenkoChallenge.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content contained therein.
You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions (as defined below) of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained thereon. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content therein. By using the interactive features of the website you acknowledge that you may be publishing your intellectual property. You agree to hold KenkoChallenge.com harmless from any and all claims as those claims relate to intellectual property including, but not limited to: patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or trade secrets.
6. User Submissions
The interactive nature of postings on KenkoChallenge.com makes it impossible for us to assume responsibility for any of the materials posted by users. The ideas, suggestions, opinions, comments, and observations made by KenkoChallenge.com users, and any text, data, photographs, video, music, sound, chat, messages, files or other material provided to us by users (all of which are referred to as "User Submissions") are not endorsed by KenkoChallenge.com, and we make no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, or quality of any User Submission that is posted on the Website. You acknowledge that you will evaluate and bear any risks related to your use of any User Submission, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such User Submission. All User Submissions posted to the Website are the sole responsibility of the person who originally posted the User Submission, and your sole recourse for any damage you may suffer as a result of User Submissions shall be to such individual.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submission and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions to KenkoChallenge.com, you hereby grant KenkoChallenge.com a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Website and KenkoChallenge.com’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media now known or hereafter developed. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the Website. During the effective period of the license, KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right to use the name and/or likeness of the winning team(s) and/or individual(s) in any media whatsoever without compensation.
If you choose to post User Submissions on KenkoChallenge.com Web pages, we require that you adhere to generally accepted rules of etiquette and standards of behavior, and that your use of KenkoChallenge.com reflects your respect for the legal rights of users connected with KenkoChallenge.com. You understand that KenkoChallenge.com does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submission.
KenkoChallenge.com expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. KenkoChallenge.com also reserves the right to terminate a user's access to the Website at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
7. Rules of Conduct
The following rules of conduct apply to your use of the Website and to any and all materials you post on KenkoChallenge.com, including text, data, graphics, audio or video content, music, sound, chat, messages, files or other material (collectively User Submissions) whether the User Submission is included in blogs, discussion groups, emails, profiles, comments, or any other portion or feature of KenkoChallenge.com.
You may not, in connection with the Website:
• Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any User Submission that is libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized;
• infringes or violates any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other property right;
• breaches a duty of confidentiality by which you are bound due to a contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• a reasonable person would consider harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
• constitutes a breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights, a misrepresentation of facts, or hate speech;
• violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
• promotes software or services that deliver unsolicited e-mail; or
• contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful programming routines.
You may not, except with KenkoChallenge.com’s express advance authorization or in a specially designated area, use the Website to:
• Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any User Submission that provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email address; or
• engage in commercial activities within KenkoChallenge.com;
• harm minors in any way;
• solicit personal information from anyone under 18;
• provide false or deceptive information;
• use KenkoChallenge.com content to engage in commercial activities;
• delete, add or otherwise change other people’s entries or other Content when you have not been granted the privileges to do so; or
8. Copyright Infringement
KenkoChallenge.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Thus, in your use of and interactions with KenkoChallenge.com and the Website, you may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any User Submission that is copyrighted material belonging to others, without obtaining their prior written consent. KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right, in its discretion, to remove any User Submission if we believe it may infringe the copyright rights of others, and/or to terminate the accounts of users who we believe to be infringers.
If you believe that your work has been copied or posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
500 Franklin Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
9. Modifications to the Website
KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. KenkoChallenge.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website. KenkoChallenge.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the Challenge or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside KenkoChallenge.com’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or by separate notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to:
500 Franklin Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201
11. Warranty Disclaimer
12. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL KenkoChallenge.com, OR ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE, DIRECTOR, OFFICER, EMPLOYEE, LICENSOR, DISTRIBUTOR, SUPPLIER, AGENT, RESELLER, OWNER, OR OPERATOR OF KenkoChallenge.com, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT KenkoChallenge.com SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website is controlled and offered by KenkoChallenge.com from its facilities in the United States of America. KenkoChallenge.com makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. The terms of this site and agreements hereunder shall be subject to and interpreted under the Laws of the State of Indiana. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law. The opportunities of KenkoChallenge.com are void where prohibited by law.
16. Copyright Notice
The KenkoChallenge.com Website is © 2012, Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. – All Rights Reserved and no portion of the Website may be copied, reproduced, transmitted, derived, or otherwise used for any purpose without the prior written permission of KenkoChallenge.com. The HTML markup, CSS, and other code (unless licensed from a third party) is owned by Joust.co and licensed to the Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. for the KenkoChallenge.com.
All of the KenkoChallenge.com trademarks are owned by KenkoChallenge.com and may not be used for any purpose without the prior written permission of KenkoChallenge.com.
1. Information Collection and Use
• KenkoChallenge.com does not require that you register in order to view its products. Registration is required to use certain interactive features such as posting comments, and in order to participate in challenges.
• KenkoChallenge.com collects personal information when you register with KenkoChallenge.com, when you visit the Website, when you login to the Website, or any time you provide information to KenkoChallenge.com about yourself.
• When you register, we ask for information such as your name, email address, and other personally-identifying information ("Personal Information"). When you register with KenkoChallenge.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
• KenkoChallenge.com automatically receives and records other non-personally-identifying information ("Non-Personal Information") on our server logs from your browser even if you do not register with KenkoChallenge.com, for example, your IP address, KenkoChallenge.com cookie information, and the pages you visit.
• KenkoChallenge.com uses Non-Personal Information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Children Under 13
• KenkoChallenge.com is committed to protecting the privacy of children. KenkoChallenge.com does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
• If KenkoChallenge.com learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on KenkoChallenge.com without verified parental consent, then KenkoChallenge.com will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
2. Information Sharing and Disclosure
KenkoChallenge.com does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with KenkoChallenge.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your Personal Information to help KenkoChallenge.com communicate with you about offers from KenkoChallenge.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
• We provide Non-Personal Information to interested third-parties for purposes of understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
• We use both your Personal Information and certain Non-Personal Information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and other services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
• We may share Personal Information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other forms of legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Keep in mind that any personal information, or comments that you voluntarily disclose on the Website, for example on comment pages, becomes publicly available. Your account name is displayed to other Users when you send and/or post messages through the Website.
3. Cookies and Web Beacons
• KenkoChallenge.com may set and access KenkoChallenge.com cookies on your computer. You may disable these cookies within your browser, but some portions of the Website may require that your KenkoChallenge.com cookies be enabled in order to take full advantage of the KenkoChallenge.com website functionality.
• KenkoChallenge.com lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to KenkoChallenge.com's cookies.
• KenkoChallenge.com may use web beacons in connection with e-mails sent to KenkoChallenge.com users, to let us know whether and when the email was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
4. Confidentiality and Security
• KenkoChallenge.com uses commercially reasonable technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to KenkoChallenge.com and you do so at your own risk.
• We limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with Personal Information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
5. Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information
• We reserve the right to use your Personal Information in order to send you certain communications relating to the KenkoChallenge.com service, such as service announcements, and administrative messages, that are considered part of your KenkoChallenge.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• You can deactivate your KenkoChallenge.com account at any time by canceling your account by contacting
500 Franklin Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201
6. International Users
KenkoChallenge.com may update this policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice. We will strive to notify you about significant changes in the way we treat Personal Information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your KenkoChallenge.com account and/or by placing a notice on the Website.
8. Effective Date
9. Contact Information
500 Franklin Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201